When you are facing uncertainty about your baby's health and looking for the best care possible, choosing the right medical team for you and your baby is a big decision.
At the Fetal Care Center, we offer the most comprehensive and advanced fetal care available in the Midwest – all in a compassionate environment that puts you and your baby at the center. Our goal is not only to provide excellent care, but also to support you and your family throughout pregnancy, birth and follow-up care.
The Fetal Care Center: Why Families Choose Us
At the Fetal Care Center, our specialists care for every aspect of your pregnancy: from advanced diagnostics and fetal surgery to high-risk delivery and newborn intensive care. We carefully create you and your baby’s treatment plan for the best outcome possible.
Expectant mothers and their families choose us because we offer:
- Expert diagnosis. Our specialists perform thousands of ultrasounds and diagnostic tests each year using advanced technology to accurately diagnose complex fetal conditions. Your journey with us begins with a comprehensive set of tests and consultations with specialists. Learn what to expect on your first visit to the Fetal Care Center.
- Experienced physicians. Our specialists are some of the most qualified, highly trained physicians in the Midwest. Our patients benefit from a team of expert OB/GYN maternal-fetal medicine doctors at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and newborn medicine and pediatric specialists at St. Louis Children's Hospital. Meet our team.
- Family-centered care. It’s important to us that you feel informed and involved while in our care. Our staff takes the time to walk you through what to expect and thoroughly explain treatment options. We involve you in every decision about your baby's care and keep in close contact with your home doctor. Read more about the family-centered care we offer.
- World-class partners. We combine the expertise of three of the nation’s top medical institutions: maternal-fetal medicine specialists from Barnes-Jewish Hospital, newborn medicine and pediatric specialists from St. Louis Children’s Hospital and our physician partners and researchers from the Washington University School of Medicine.
- Advanced NICU. If your baby needs special care after birth, your baby will be cared for in the St. Louis Children’s Hospital Level IV NICU, the highest level possible for newborn intensive care. Our NICU is ranked among the best in the nation, according to rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- Continual support from nurse coordinators. Our nurse coordinators become partners in your care. They guide you through our facilities and appointments with doctors at the Fetal Care Center. At any time, you can call your nurse coordinator with questions or concerns. They get to know you and your family and work with our team to support your wishes for your delivery and baby’s care. Meet our nurse coordinators.
- Team approach to care. Our doctors work together to diagnose fetal conditions and provide comprehensive, integrated care — all in one medical campus. If intensive care is required immediately after labor and delivery at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, the newborn intensive care unit (NICU) at St. Louis Children’s Hospital is just short walk away. After delivery, dad can walk with baby through a connected link to the NICU, and mom can join as soon as she is able.
For more information, contact the Fetal Care Center at 866.867.3627.