Referring physicians are an important part of the care team. Our staff will communicate with you throughout your patient's care at the Fetal Care Center. After your patient's first visit, you can expect a detailed follow-up report reviewing the patient's day of diagnostic testing and recommendations.
The Fetal Care Center: How We Partner with Referring Physicians
We provide true program coordination with referring physicians:
- Fast, easy referrals. We make the referral process simple. Our staff is available 24 hours a day at 800.678.HELP (4357) to consult with you, take your referrals and make appointments. New patients are scheduled in as little as 48 hours. Learn more about patient referrals.
- Patient conferences. Usually, we hold a conference with each patient at the end of her initial day of testing. Families are invited, every medical specialty is represented and every question is answered. We recommended a treatment and a detailed care plan.
- Full, detailed care report. We send a detailed summary of all tests, diagnosis and recommended plan of care to both the referring physician and patient.
World-Class Care at the Fetal Care Center
You can feel confident in the level of care your patient receives at the Fetal Care Center. Strengths of our program include:
- Comprehensive care in one location. We offer obstetric and pediatric expertise on one campus. After birth at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, there is no need to transport a fragile baby to another location, because one of the most advanced newborn intensive care units in the country is just steps away at St. Louis Children's Hospital.
- Excellent nurse coordinators. A nurse coordinator works directly with each patient and her referring physicians to schedule consultations, coordinate patient records and facilitate communication. Patients can contact their nurse coordinator at anytime with questions or problems. During appointments and hospital stays, a nurse coordinator accompanies to all appointments.
- Comprehensive team of specialists. Our multidisciplinary team includes maternal fetal medicine specialists for mom and neonatologists and an array of pediatric subspecialists for baby. Our specialists are some of the most qualified, highly trained and nationally recognized physicians in the Midwest. Meet our team.
- Advanced tools and treatments. Our team uses the most sophisticated technology available to diagnose and monitor fetal conditions at our specialized Ultrasound and Genetic Testing Center. We also offer comprehensive fetal surgery options.
- Expert care. We combine the expertise of three world-class institutions: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and the physicians at Washington University School of Medicine.
- Advancing medical care and science. Our physicians participate in research that assists in understanding fetal disease and the development of state-of-art treatments. Learn more about our team's research and our publications.
Refer a Patient
Call the Physician Access Line at 800.678.HELP (4357) for consults, referrals and to schedule an appointment at The Fetal Care Center (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).